One of the main goals of the SRN is to help cultivate growth of the next generation of highly skilled researchers and research leaders who will contribute to the future of the Australian Space sector. Through our higher degree by research (HDR) internship program, members of the NSW/ACT Space industry will gain access to existing talent while, at the same time, providing valuable work experience that will steer the course of HDR training for selected students.
The Network is establishing a Space industry internship program that will support HDR students and Early Career Research (ECR) staff affiliated with the Network to undertake paid internships to connect them with domestic and international opportunities at the world’s leading Space Agencies and industry partners. The Network will allocate funding to support a limited number of internships each year, which will be co-funded by the host industry partner.
Stipends will be available to support 3 to 6 month internships in industry for PhD students and ECR staff. Costs of supporting student stipends will be shared between the industry partner and the SRN.
- 3 month – $7.5k industry and $7.5k SRN
- 4 month – $10.0k industry and $10.0k SRN
- 5 month – $12.5k industry and $12.5k SRN
- 6 month – $15k industry and $15k SRN
We are now calling for first round project proposals from industry to host students.
- Feb. 18 2022 – Industry project EOIs due – deadline extended
- 20 April 2022 – Project opportunities advertised
- 22 May 2022 – PhD student applications due
- May/June 2022 – Interviews will be held with interested students and placements will be available to start on a rolling basis following interviews