The NSW Space Research Network Travel Bursary provides funding to assist NSW/ACT based PhD students and academic staff to deliver talks and build international networks.
The Travel Bursary Fund assists with costs associated with travel and education costs in NSW, Australia and overseas to attend major conferences and symposia.
- Currently employed by or enrolled in a NSW or ACT university
- Student candidates must be enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research
- Currently undertaking research related to Space industry sector
- Must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
Eligible staff and students who meet the criteria detailed below can apply for one of ten bursaries of up to $AUD2500.
How to Apply
Complete the following form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Travel Bursary Application – [enter your full name]’.
Applications open on 21 April 2022 and close on 24 May 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by 27 May 2022
Payment will be made upon receipt of expenditure.
Recipient to provide:
- approval for their profile, purpose and of travel bursary to be published on the SRN website.
- an event report to be published on the SRN website.
Terms & Conditions
- Travel must be undertaken between 27 May 2022 and 30 June 2023.
- Applicants can only apply for one travel bursary within each funding round.
- Funds will be terminated if the recipient:
- withdraws from eligible course of study;
- ceases their employment or studies at a NSW or ACT university; or
- is no longer pursuing space related research.